At Thomson Reuters we care about the safety of your information. At times, we need to work in partnership with you, our clients, in order to take the best preventative steps. As recently highlighted in our newsletter, the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a security standard that is applicable to any company that accepts credit card payments, including Cyberbahn, and is being implemented globally in late June 2018.
In order to ensure your access to Cyberbahn services is unaffected by this change, it is recommended that you use the most up-to-date version of your browser and turn on its most advanced security settings. Older browsers don’t have the latest security features to keep your information safe when you’re using the Internet. They use outdated versions of what are called Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocols, which aim to prevent fraud by providing secure communications on the web.
As of June 28, we will be removing support for TLS 1.0. We will continue to support browser versions that meet the latest standards: TLS 1.1 or TLS 1.2. If your browser doesn’t support TLS 1.1 or higher, or if it isn’t turned on, you won’t be able to access Cyberbahn or Legal iLink online services.
To make sure your system supports TLS 1.1 or higher, you or your System Administrator may be required to do one or more of the following:
- Update your web browser to the latest version for your system: Chrome or Internet Explorer.For IE 11
- If you have access and permission from your System Administrator, go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced
- As long as TLS 1.1 and/or 1.2 are selected you will be able to access Cyberbahn and Legal iLink.
- Note: if only TLS 1.0 is selected, you will not be able to access either Cyberbahn or Legal iLink.For Chrome
- Most current (or close to current) versions of Chrome automatically favour the latest TLS version and you should not experience any issues accessing Cyberbahn or Legal iLink.
If you have questions or concerns about this message or the upcoming change, please contact us at [email protected].